Some good news…
ACL Festival got the approval from Austin Public Health, that the festivals COVID-19 Health and Safety plan was all good!
ACL still needs the “FINAL” approval to go ahead. Hopefully that’s coming soon!
APH is saying ACL’s final approval is based on "the ability to support the healthcare and safety system."
So far… this is what we know:
1. All attendees must show a negative COVID-19 test obtained within 72 hours of entering the festival.
2. Fully vaccinated attendees may show proof of vaccination instead of a negative test. Such patrons do not need to be tested to enter the festival.
3. ACL organizers must develop strategies for social distancing and include outdoor "mask zones" where distancing is not possible, including on festival shuttle buses, entrance lines, areas closest to the stages and the on-site merchandise stores. Free masks will be available upon entry.
ACL is also asking you to comply with the "fan health pledge," asking you not to attend if:
1. You have tested positive for or been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days
2. You experience symptoms of the virus (a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) within 48 hours of the festival.
3. You traveled internationally or to an area subject to quarantine within two weeks of the festival