This position will be the liaison between programming and sales and responsible for all on air, online, and onsite promotions that successfully generate revenue, ratings, and local buzz. Position will also be responsible for supervising onsite street team.
• Responsible for all promotional activities on air, online, and onsite
• Executes remotes and manages station promotional events, materials, and staff
• Participates with station management in determining appropriate promotions for targeted demographic.
• Maintains station event calendar, writes copy for promotional spots, schedules live remotes from promotional events, prepares summaries of events, serves as primary coordinator for third party tie-ins and supervises promotions coordinator and event staff.
• Liaison between programming staff, sales, clients, and listeners
• Responsible for contributing new promotions concepts that align with brand and can generate additional revenue
• Ensures the provision of prizes, promotional materials, and event collateral.
• Ensures contest rules comply with FCC regulations
• Responsible for all prizing
• Represents the station brands and company in public settings
• Provide technical assistance for on-site remotes/appearances
• Attend weekly sales/promotions and programming meetings
• Meet day to day deadlines
• Assist sales team with onsite client activation as needed in conjunction with promotions
• Other duties as assigned by Marketing Director
• One year experience preferred in a successful marketing role (radio experience, event marketing or sports marketing a plus)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office programs Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Salesforce experience a plus
• Expertise in CHR formats a plus
• Promosuite experience is a plus
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from the office
• Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Austin, TX: 3601 S Congress Avenue, Bldg F, 78704
If interested please apply online at https://iheartmedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External_iHM/job/Austin-TX/Promotions-Director_Req15859
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.