Video Credit: YouTube

A 16-year-old boy from Santa Ana who burned himself trying the "fire challenge" is now urging others not to do it.

Fernando Valencia apparently placed nail polish remover on his chest and lit it Friday afternoon in his home.

The teen suffered first- and second-degree burns to his neck, face and hips.

The fire challenge involves people recording their attempts to use flammable liquids to set  themselves on fire and then put the flames out before they cause injury.The video is then posted online.

Fire officials say using nail polish remover was “sort of the equivalent of putting gasoline on yourself.''